The answer is simple. But it's challenging nevertheless for those who are not organized by nature. Trust me, I know.
The only way to make time, is to keep and follow a schedule. But, change is the only constant. So here are some guidelines to keep in mind when sculpting and sticking with your schedule.
- don't be afraid to tweak - you're on a mission to create a schedule, a routine that is the best fit for you
- keep in mind that things change and that you need to be willing to adjust your schedule as need be
- allow some time after vacations and other large 'breaks' to get back into the flow of the routine; don't let this time period be a discouragement
- don't let it get stale - yes, we're creatures of habit, but we can also be easily bored
- "me time" - it's a necessity to take time for yourself to unwind, indulge, spend time with yourself
- workouts and other forms of exercise - with all the benefits, this should be included in some form or manner into every day
- family time - play a game, take a walk, wrestle with the kids and dog, whatever
- social time - girls night out, football night: it's a health thing (I'm not kidding)
- mental enrichment activities - like a muscle, you gotta exercise your mind and change it up every now and then
- quiet time - breath, meditate, pray, reflect, etc
- house chores - gotta keep the habitat clean and healthy
- time for any 'projects'
- time to make sure you're staying on track - if you stay on top of tracking things (to do lists for example) this shouldn't take more than mere minutes a day